View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 04:07 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
originally, thurston tuned his guitar to open strings so he could play chords with one finger. i don't think he ever had any musical "training" beyond just tuning his guitar differently and playing by himself for hours. unless you're a complete jackass, you're going to "learn" to play guitar, in some way, if you play it as much as he has in over 30 years. I think he doesn't really understand much "theory", but anyone that plays for hours can come up with lots of great riffs if they know a little about what they're doing. Thurston definitely knows some chords but I don't think that really factors into his playing usually, except on Trees. He knows what's he's doing, let's leave it at that.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|