View Single Post
Old 05.28.2009, 06:31 PM   #6
bloodcrystallisetosand
bad moon rising

bloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's assesbloodcrystallisetosand kicks all y'all's asses
I know that it is part of the Canon of Contemporary Western Music now, in that same region of critical love-in as Sgt Peppers or Pet Sounds or Beggar's Banquet (though, admittedly, to a mostly different audience), bit I still love it. Teenage Riot gets me every time. Only bit I'm not keen on is the last of the Trilogy.

Do you not think that there's a bit of that over familiarity thing? I was reading the pitchfork 100 albums of the 70s and led zep IV came in at 7th-ish and the reviewer was saying that if you could erase any memory of the album and listento it fresh, it would surely top the list... that's how i feel about DDN (and i apologise for invoking pitchfork in my defence...)
bloodcrystallisetosand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|