View Single Post
Old 05.29.2009, 05:56 PM   #26
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
as far as this THIRD DECADE of sonic youth goes, I find myself with these thoughts.

NYCG&F - took me a while to enjoy it. still seems like mainly background music and I hates me some background music. it does have 1 or 2 of the top 20 sonic youth songs ever on it though.
SYR5 - I like it for what it is. do not listen to it much.
MURRAY STREET - Liked it when I first got it, and slowly have liked it less and less. I find it un-inspired, and bordering on tedious at times. It feels like music for older ladies after church. Do not listen to it much unless I wanna listen to sonic youth that will not grate on my girlfriend's ears.
KALI YUG - fucking LOVE it. I would listen to it while internettin' and I would find my mind zoned out on the music instead of whatever I was doing online. I am dying to find the french vinyl release of it.
IN THE FISHTANK - kind of meh, I always have found sonic youth to be better after they have worked and worked on their music, not writing toss-off tunes.
SONIC NURSE - BEST SY ALBUM of the last ten years, It fucking ROCKS right off the bat. It has amazing Kim songs. It is just a blast to hear after the drudgery that was murray street. Love it so much.
SYR6 - like all SYR releases, more of an aural experiment to be enjoyed on those terms than a GREAT collection of sounds.
RATHER RIPPED - seemed too simple at first but that is th beauty of it. I love it now. even sleeping around.. ha ha. I Love You Golden Blue is the most sadly beautiful haunting, amazing song to drive to late at night.
THE DESTROYED ROOM - some fabulous shit, but I have not heard it enough to be a true judgement.

i love you golden blue is on sonic nurse, you know that, i know.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|