View Single Post
Old 06.02.2009, 04:26 PM   #21
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
i'm glad Eternal's getting good reviews but i sort of wish they made another pre-Jim record. rather than post-Jim

I understand that, but they can't make a pre-Jim record, because Jim has been in the band, so anything would be post-Jim.

And I'm not just saying that to be smart; I know what you mean, and it sounds like I am arguing semantics. What I'm saying though is that Jim is now a part of SY's evolution. I love their earlier stuff, but I wouldn't ask them to keep making the same music forever. Evolution is what has made SY so great, the fact that they are constantly changing, constantly staying ahead of the game. We may come from a group that knows their amazing past, but there are probably many who will pick this up as their first SY album, only having heard the name "Sonic Youth" before, but never knowing their sound. This album will inspire many more musicians to do what they want to do, just as Sonic Youth has does with each album since they began making music.

RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE, I know...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|