View Single Post
Old 06.21.2009, 04:21 PM   #59
e_s_d
little trouble girl

e_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's assese_s_d kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I didn't actually bash The Eternal, or Sonic Youth for that matter.

I guess I asked the question in a wrong and awkward way. The question/thread itself is no more stupid, or a 'betrayal' of the band and the fans on this board than the 'What do you think of The Eternal' threads, with polls where you can give the album a mark ranging from 1 to 10 (being one of the worst things, along with star ratings systems, to emerge from music journalism). If you're a member of the board and you can't give the album 1/10 without being a traitor and getting bad rep, what's the point in there being that option in the first place?

You know how sometimes you hook up with an old friend you haven't seen for a few years, and you realize how you don't have so much in common anymore? Your friend hasn't become a bad person or whatever, but you just don't have much to say to each other. I makes you sad, even if it's no one's fault, and you understand whats going on.

Sonic Youth changed my life. I've been buying their records on the day of their release ever since Experimental Jet Set. Recently however, I've not enjoyed their albums so much, Ripped and Nurse to be specific. They've been good enough albums (if I were to criticize them on one specific area, I'd say I feel that the production values on those records don't suit SY's music too well), but they haven't moved me in the same way as the previous releases have. Listening to The Eternal has led me to the same, personal conclusion. It's not a bad album, but I haven't felt like buying so far, and for the first time ever, I'm not sure if I will. It's a sad feeling, but somehow I guess I've lost touch with what the band have been doing these past few years.

So yeah, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just wondering if there were other people on the board feeling the same way.
e_s_d is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|