View Single Post
Old 07.02.2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Gang Of One
empty page

Gang Of One has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
For my only time in New York, on Sunday 13th 1999, i went to the Seaport Atrium (or so it seems according to the Concert Chronology), which was really only a shopping mall.
On the floor with all the restaurants i caught a glimpse of Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore eating some pizza on a bench and couldn't believe my eyes.
There was apparently a Jazz festival happening that night and Sonic Youth were scheduled to play (i had no idea of that).
When i saw Thurston at a cash machine i went to him to ask him at what time they played. I told him i had a plain to catch to fly back to France so i wouldn't be able to attend the show, he nicely invited me to the soundcheck they were gonna do.
So there i stood, alone, while they performed instrumentally then-unknown songs (Renegade Princess and Free City Rhymes) and a good rendition of Expressway.
So Thurston was very nice, but we didn't chat a lot. Kim seemed cold on the stage, maybe only focused. I remember Lee and Thurston did not seem very happy with Steve's playing, maybe he didn't totally master the new songs. The whole experience was very cool of course and Thurston seemed like a very nice guy.
Gang Of One is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|