Thread: They Like Steve
View Single Post
Old 09.30.2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Michael Rother (Neu!, Harmonia)

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub.aspx?csid1=137&csid2=946&fid1=4154 2

Do you think you would record an album with those musicians?
Why not? I mean, it would be a unique opportunity to bring those people together and imagining the power of those three guitars is enough to make me jump around. We did some great improvisation jam during the last Red Hot Chili Peppers show in Hamburg [in 2007]. Josh Klinghoffer joined the Chili Peppers on that tour on guitar, but I love his drumming. Josh is such an amazing drummer so he would be my choice as a drummer. Also, Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth is great on drums.

Yeah, you've done stuff with Shelley before, correct?
Yes, in September last year, I did some recordings with him. The soundman of Sonic Youth, Aaron Mullan, did the recording in their studio in Hoboken [NJ].

Is that something you'd ever release?
I'm not sure. Like everyone, it's the same problem where all the Sonic Youth guys are busy. But I know from my work that material can sit on the shelf for ten, 20 years, or even longer, and then it can come out of the oven at the right time. And time is not the most important factor. You just have to be lucky that it happened.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|