View Single Post
Old 10.25.2009, 09:51 PM   #36
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
Music reviews trash it. The other Sonic Youth fans I'm friends with rarely have anything positive to say (despite complements for bull in the heather.) I just joined these boards and was wondering, am I the only person who absolutely adores this album? It was the first one I ever heard and the album that got me hooked. The first time I heard it I felt...transformed. I still get chills when I put it on even though I've listened thosounds of times...

It was the very first SNY album I bought, at a used CD shop. I loved it then and I love it now. It was a bit of a left turn for them at the time, and I think "expectations" were so different, so I think it got slightly trashed because of that. But I had no reference point....it's a smart, eclectic and exciting album. I hasn't aged a bit.