View Single Post
Old 11.25.2009, 02:26 PM   #4
hooligan37
little trouble girl

hooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have always asserted that there is no such thing as grunge. that "grunge" was a tag, a label used by those outside the musical underground to describe, very poorly, the sound of certain bands (mudhoney, tad, melvins early soundgarden etc.) the "grunge" look is tyhe same look that american punks wore for decades.
it's fucking rock n roll man.
even the definitive "grunge" act Mudhoney was essentially overdriven creedence mixed with stooges.
Like thurston says in that article, it was just metal kids without the leather.

The so called grunge fad got me out of listening to rap music all together. I was big into NWA,Public Enemy,Ice T and others. Glad these grunge bands came around. It's actually how I got into Sonic Youth. The 100% video will always be a huge turning point in my life for the better. So I say "FOREVER GRUNGE".

P.S I still love Ice T. That dude could rhyme!
hooligan37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|