View Single Post
Old 12.05.2009, 05:15 PM   #6
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
perhaps this christmas you should point out that SY played a huge role in the soundtrack of the latest dylan biopic.

obviously, i relate pretty easily to the initial post. while i prefer to bend the definition of the term 'favorite' by having several favorite bands (don't make a libra choose!), SY have been a constant part of my life for the past 15 years, for better or worse. i never tire of their music and with such a vast back catalog it's pretty easy to find something that suits my mood. i go thru phases where i listen to them a LOT and times when i won't necessarily crave one of their albums, but they'll pop up at random on my walkman or in the car.

it's hard to imagine a time when i didn't have something like 'bad moon rising' or 'dirty' coded into my history. there's definitely days/years when i wish i hadn't focused so hard on my ridiculous website when i was younger, but i suppose it probably serves a more important purpose than anything else i might ever accomplish, though i'm not sure how i feel about that.

i'm a pretty big music nerd in general, it consumes my life, and SY are a pretty massive portion of that mosaic. i don't think i'd have it any other way. i'm just glad they're still around and consistently releasing quality music.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|