View Single Post
Old 12.23.2009, 03:56 AM   #36
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I think New Hampshire is one of their "forgotten" gems; The guitar parts are beautiful and the melody is one of Thurston's best (I'd say Hits of Sunshine is in the same boat). Unfortunately (This is something that upsets me about Sonic Youth), a good chunk of their songs are forgotten about by the next record. I mean, Washing Machine for example has had how many songs be played live post the original tour for the album? Wasn't NYC Ghosts and Flowers (The song) voted the best SY song back in the day (Last played live late 2001)? Every record they do have great songs; Most of them though are left behind when it comes time for their next record. I realize this is fairly standard practice, but unfortunately I doubt they are one day going to all of a sudden start throwing more surprises in the sets.

Of course, there are exceptions to that. Songs from DDN, Sister, Evol, etc (Mainly their 80s run and some of their "hits") are consistently in the set lists.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|