View Single Post
Old 06.26.2006, 06:58 PM   #35
follow.blind
bad moon rising

follow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's assesfollow.blind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
all right follow.blind, i can understand yr. opinnion on rr album (which i like), but i don't understand and i must disagree with yr. statement about lee's out of rhytm, not like(ing) sonic evolution and that confusion(?). that's not true to me. he wouldn't do it, or do you think he's really doing it only coz a lot of bills? did you watch rock en seine '05? to me, he is the man of stage that evening and he enjoying it more than thurston (when we talking about recent past). with kim playing abilities and others.....it was always like this, wasn't it? and still eventhough kim aint no super skilled bass player, sy creates something extraordinary with that great feel, you wont find in case of any other band, never.

Hi. I don't mean that Lee is bad guy ;-) Actually - I'm big fan of his work. I consider him to be very creative musician. His tracks are often between my personal "Top 3" of every new sy record. But try to listen to a few bootlegs (and I'm pretty sure that you have a more of this stuff than I have) from the periods right after new releases - it seems he's often little unsure...but after a few gigs he - in my opinion - feels more confortable, starts to enjoy himself and he plays "real good feedback and super sounding riffs" :-)
Yes, you're right - his guitar makes the essential texture that covers Thurston's riffs and strummings and this "texture" leads to what we know as "SY sound".
About rhythm...I think that our guitar heroes aren't that accurate in this case. But they have great drummer who keeps time so almost everything sounds OK. And I'm not perfectionist or some snobbish academician (and I do rhythmic faults too - for example in transitions into some tremolo stuff etc... ) There's proof for head-less/fanatic lovers of SY (and I don't mean you, greenlight!!) who believe that their idols couldn't make some fucking rhythmic fault :-) : http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=360&page=8
download "Karen Revisited" and focus yourself on Lee...Yes! But anyway - they are awesome!
Kim Gordon...she plays really BAD (when we compare her with Jim O'Rourke, errr...indeed - iť's bad example - we all play really bad in comparison with Jim), BUT she puts so much energy in the whole performance. Some her easy bass lines are sweet and so significant and she IS Kim Gordon!
Rock En Seine? I don't consider it to be so good show (btw. it was '04 I guess) Did you watch Belfort (France too) 2005? (Eurockéennes Festival....)
It was really good! (and there was much more better playlist!)
For these who aren't familiar with dimedozen or eMule(there's DVDrip that fits one CD-R) there's my DVD-rip (from original compilation by Mr."Ducky"):
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=360&page=7

Reason of "overanalysis" when RR came out?
It was very hyped record ("Sear Studio again!"...), interviews were promising (Do you remeber?---> LEE: "...some of it seems to be an extension of the last couple of records, but some hearkens forward into territory and also back to earlier, more dissonant and atonal stuff we've done...") and we were just curious (4 members again...).

So...I know that these fine guys from Sonic Youth play together for 25 years (btw. this is very poor apology for situation when the band release shity record...) and I respect them. Raher Ripped is good LP for this year, but I still think that it's not good enough for such great band as SY.

I just don't like to be duped easily.(We say "to get drunk on 'crescent roll'...")

'crescent roll'
(yes,yes - it IS breadstuff...FUCKing Freud)

Wow. I'm tired. (There's 1:50am) Maybe I'm writing nonsenses. I hope you'll understand the context - at least.
follow.blind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|