View Single Post
Old 06.27.2006, 12:28 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The more I listen to it the more I LOVE IT> I loved Murray Streeta nd Nurse, Nurse more so that MS, but bth were great, yet melancholy albums. well, rather ripped is GREAT and NON-melancholy! They are writing great fucking rocking songs. let them. being a fan, a REAL, TRUE FANATIC, means giving your rock heroes the benefit of the doubt.

let them rock. let them fucking just make riffs and beats and GREAT fucking 3 minute ROCKL songs. That has always been a part of sonic youth music, and always will be and if you do not see that then you have not explored their full catalogue. (if you listen to RATS you can hear trhe same guitar from Eric's Trip, which is why they are playing Eric's Trip live now. the same guitar was used for both and they recorvered it along with some of their stolen gear remember?)
sonic youth is not NYCG&F. It is NOT washing machine. i is not the SYR series. it is all of these things and more in one package. you don;t like this album? keep quiet and wait for the next one, because it will be different yet again.