View Single Post
Old 05.19.2010, 04:30 PM   #174
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know what you're talking about at this point but i congratulate us for successfully derailing this thread

"No," said Slartibartfast, with a slight quickening of his step, "the people of Krikkit have never thought to themselves `We are alone in the Universe.' They are surrounded by a huge Dust Cloud, you see, their single sun with its single world, and they are right out on the utmost eastern edge of the Galaxy. Because of the Dust Cloud there has never been anything to see in the sky. At night it is totally blank, During the day there is the sun, but you can't look directly at that so they don't. They are hardly aware of the sky. It's as if they had a blind spot which extended 180 degrees from horizon to horizon.

"You see, the reason why they have never thought `We are alone in the Universe' is that until tonight they don't know about the Universe. Until tonight."
He moved on, leaving the words ringing in the air behind him.
"Imagine," he said, "never even thinking `We are alone' simply because it has never occurred to you to think that there's any other way to be."
He moved on again.

"I'm afraid this is going to be a little unnerving," he added.
As he spoke, they became aware of a very thin roaring scream high up in the sightless sky above them. They glanced upwards in alarm, but for a moment or two could see nothing.

Then Arthur noticed that the people in the party in front of them had heard the noise, but that none of them seemed to know what to so with it. They were glancing around themselves in consternation, left, right, forwards, backwards, even at the ground. It never occurred to them to look upwards.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|