View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 05:06 PM   #119
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
Um. More people listening to your music = more fans = more people showing up at concerts = more people buying the music.

People who buy music are going to buy music.

I can see how the packaging can be considered artwork, but it has no bearing on the music. I don't particuarly like a lot of their packaging, it's not the reason I'm a Sonic Youth fan.

ok, NOT in all cases that people listening to your music = more fans = more people showing up at concerts = more people buying the music.

that is an assumption, a rather safe assumption that that is happening, in reality for a band like Sonic Youth, due to their accessability which we all know they have limitations to (as compared to mainstream musics like the U2s and the Coldplays...etc etc) i think that outside their core fans they hold this "casche" value to alot of general music fans, alot of these folks will have an interest because they've heard of/about Sonic Youth (they caryy abit of a household name because of their relationship to "alternative" music) but of these folks how many do you really believe get turned on to what they hear? though its definitly not millions or nothing i believe its a limited number... and my opinion is supported from my experience of some of the types of people that i know who obtained leaked Nurse songs a couple of years ago, these folks never bought the album, or went to the concert, are they fans? they say so...don't know why, other than to be considered "hip" to the scene.

but i have no doubt that everyone/anyone here who has dloaded the new album will buy it, i believe that 99% of us are "core fans" no arguing that, i just have the same problem as chabib, on those particular folks that seem to feel they need to "brag and review" heavily on what they love are hate about it... though its nice to hear somethign i think it should be within limitations.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|