View Single Post
Old 05.06.2012, 04:47 AM   #21
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
sounds like a broken record, and probably something you're obviously already aware of. But there's simply no objective meaning of life. There's no exposition to wake up the next day... being stuck (unless you're lucky enough) with an occupation you're hardly passionate about. The same routine over and over. Personal pleasures are great but only temporary and most of the time they seemingly wear out at some point. I remember when I first actually started thinking about mortality and felt similar (but I was definitely a bit younger then). Eventually I just started realizing how dull life is... despite how important I think it is to appreciate the existence on Earth to some degree. The "meaning" has to relatively be created by the individual, and that makes it seem very artificial to me.... Have fun and make the most out of it is what most people say. What happens when people simply can't find that certain bliss majority of the time? What should the people do when they don't care about such emptiness and find all of that meaninglessness boring? All things considered, I'm certain that death is by far more peaceful than living is. I don't relate to anyone, can't seem to get anything going with the things I'm passionate about, most of what I'm consuming is hardly giving me a thrill anymore, and people are repulsive things therefore I don't like socializing most of the time. Sorry for the pessimism, but it doesn't make much sense to fear death when the nightmare/lifeless dead zone is life itself, does it?

I'd most likely make an excellent comic book villain.

and I've never taken drugs, I'm not cool... you see.

I'm a firm believer that most people (much emphasis on "most", as chemical imbalances/etc do exist) who can't find a means of enjoying life simply are not trying hard enough. It doesn't take a lot of money or a great job or any of that shit...and usually is as simple as changing something about whatever your daily routine might be. If you don't like your job, work toward finding another. If you're tired of whatever films or music you've been listening to, explore other avenues of entertainment. Read books you might not normally be interested in. Explore other ways of thinking. Get OUT! Venture into the woods. Document your daily life. Meet new people. Walk around and observe and take tons of mental notes. Create adventures for yourself. Staying stuck in a bedroom all day, listening to the same 20 records all the time and considering doing other things doesn't do much good. It takes actually putting other considerations into action. Shit, I spent nearly the last two years (up until recently) just listening to bullshit lectures on Youtube covering all sorts of (what I'd thought would be..) bullshit topics. My interest in music isn't going anywhere, but it isn't as intense as it once was. I can get into a new band without having to know the member's back story. After all, all that shit (as you clearly realize) boils down to being little-to-nothing more than entertainment. Explore other means of entertainment. Read above your ability level. Take some sort of risks, man. Experience as much as you possibly can why you are here. A bedroom/few records/books only offers so much. We don't know what the world has to offer until we get out in it. I'm surprised you don't spend more time on the beach. It's a great place to go and reflect, homie. Tear those walls down.

There doesn't have to be a meaning to everything. When it comes to most things, my experience has often been that as soon as I find a meaning, it ceases to interest me. I personally enjoy not having the answers to absolutely everything. This has no effect, and should have no effect, on how much one enjoys their own existence.