View Single Post
Old 10.08.2010, 02:10 AM   #26
sonicnoise
empty page

sonicnoise has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykid87
Its true there are concerts in sacramento, but they are either some shitty local punk/metal band or some hip hop, very rarely does anyone legit come here. The only two i can think of lately was Mike Watt and Frank Black.

I'm in Sacramento too and while talking about SY doesn't really come up much, there are plenty of people and amazing bands in town. Are you familiar with KDVS? If not, start listening to 90.3fm and you'll never bother with any other local staion. The station puts on great shows every week. Check out undietacos.org for a list of small club and house shows that are always going on.

Did you make it to O:RMF X last week? It is the stations twice-a-year festival and there were tons of great bands. If you like SY, you may want to consider checking into it. They were not SY-like bands, but being a SY fan shows you are interested in different sounds and there was plenty of that. There was also the 2-day NoiseFest that happens every year. I've never made it to one myself, but if SY led you to noise bands you can check that out too.
sonicnoise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|