View Single Post
Old 10.01.2008, 04:12 AM   #42
Kill-Yr-Idols
empty page

Kill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud ofKill-Yr-Idols has much to be proud of
here's the full article..:

http://ftl.nypress.com/blogx/display...m?bid=54221387

"I prefer VHS myself," said Thurston Moore when I told him I have a 15-year-old video tape copy of 1991: The Year That Punk Broke, a tour documentary featuring Sonic Youth, Nirvana and Dinosaur, Jr., amongst many other groundbreaking indie rock acts of the day, completely intact. Moore was about to take the stage with Ian MacKaye, of Minor Threat and Fugazi fame, for a discussion about punk and publishing at yesterday’s Brooklyn Book Festival. I wanted to know if the DVD version would ever see the light of day.

"There's sort of proprietary issues because of all the Nirvana stuff in it and all that stuff is under control of whoever control's Kurt [Cobain's] estate—That Which Will Not Be Named is how we refer to it—and we don't really want to release it until we can release it with all the extra footage. There's a whole second film and it's a whole other 90 minutes; a completely different cut of all the footage. And it's even crazier! It has amazing stuff in it. So until we can do that we're not going to do it—it might be a while," he said.

Recently, there's been some rumbling from long-time fans about when the DVD version might hit shelves, especially considering the myriad bonus materials that were left on the cutting room floor. It looks that the peace accord reached with brilliant but troubled grunge widow Courtney Love over the release of Nirvana's box set, With The Lights Out, four years ago has come to an end.

Not to worry though, said Moore. In true punk fashion, he added, "I'm trying to figure out ways of bootlegging it."
Kill-Yr-Idols is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|