View Single Post
Old 07.24.2019, 04:52 PM   #7306
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
DOUBLE NEGATIVE. meaningless question. Someone in Congress needs to go read up on Logic. Innocence cannot be proven in a court of US law. Only guilt.

I thought it was a brilliant question, but I do apologize for posting the partial snippet earlier......but it’s easy to find the logic if you know what you are looking for:

Ratcliffe, R-Texas, asked Mueller during congressional testimony to identify which Justice Department policy “set forth a legal standard that an investigated person is not exonerated if their innocence from criminal conduct is not conclusively determined.” The lawmaker was raising concern about Mueller's report saying that while the probe did not establish Trump committed a crime, it also did not exonerate him.

“Can you give an example other than Donald Trump where the Justice Department determined an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined?” Ratcliffe continued.

Mueller replied: “I cannot but this is a unique situation."

Ratcliffe continued: “Okay, well you can't--time is short, I got five minutes, let's leave it at you can't find it because--I'll tell you why, it doesn't exist."

“The special counsel’s job didn’t say you were to determine Trump’s innocence or to exonerate him,” Ratcliffe said. “It’s not in documents, it’s not in the Office of Legal Counsel opinion, any justice manual…Respectfully it was not the special counsel’s job to conclusively determine Trump’s innocence.”

He added: “because the bedrock principle of our justice system is a presumption of innocence—everyone is entitled to it, including a sitting president, and because of a presumption of innocence, a prosecutor never, ever needs to determine it. ... You wrote 180 pages about decisions that weren’t reached, about potential crimes that weren’t charged or decided.”

He contended that the obstruction section of the report “was not authorized under the law to be written—it was written under a legal standard that does not exist at the Justice Department.”
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|