View Single Post
Old 04.03.2014, 12:56 PM   #29
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
what also disgusted me was the attitude of the liberals and sane people, who either accepted christianity totally or made excuses for it. what is so utterly nightmarish is the fact that in this country, anyone who could go beyond the fundie fascism is too afraid to do anything but lapse into a kind of hedonism. a kind of bad faith attitude of "oh well, all we can do is enjoy ourselves because there's probably no god."

i mean come on, there's definitely no god, but we can do a lot more than enjoy ourselves as commiseration for this stupid fucking delusion of omnipotence which is pretty useless in the first place.

i wish people had the courage to move beyond what is essentially - as suchfriends points out - a heretical version of religion. but they all seem to feel a deep guilt when they work out its not real, as if KNOWING THIS is a sad thing, because they've somehow corrupted the potential of humanities good intentions with their sinful knowledge.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|