Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 09.24.2013, 03:46 PM   #77
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i have seen the term "heisenberg personality" elsewhere on the internet so i'm assuming it's part of a common lexicon, and i can see it but i can also see that it's too geometric a construct to reduce the character to. a kind of jekyll/hyde thing.

but if you ever read the nabokov analysis of j/h, which is brilliant, he does a little venn diagram or something where hyde is part of jekyll but it's just a distilled "evil essence" (hyde is smaller). jekyll is (like all of us) a "mixed" thing.

anyway, so, while i can see the 2 "personalities" as a polarity (you could also call those poles meekness and pride if you wanted and it would still work), ultimately it's all just one person, with all the complexities that this entails (and here you could go back to the jungian chessboard/magic theatre in "steppenwolf", which, while highly unscientific, provides a more accurate poetic image, and maybe even it's more scientifically accurate anyway, given all the brain "organs" at work).

vince gilligan talked in some interview about the transformation of mr. chips into scarface (or something like that) and yes, "seyy hellow tu mai littul frenn" is evidently coming, but the problem i have with the on/off 2 person switch is that it turns art into geometry-- and it's too manichaean good vs. evil. makes sense?

anyway i feel terribly lame so looking forward to a tv show, but what's good is good no matter where you find it, and this season has been just fucking brilliant.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|