View Single Post
Old 07.29.2022, 11:19 AM   #3517
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Just finished my first completely conscious run of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Used to watch it on TV as a wee one, but it went completely over my head then. Overall, really compelling and much more even/consistent in quality than TNG. I liked all the shades of gray in how the protagonists' actions were portrayed. And the whole intergalactic intrigue/Dominion plot was very compelling (also unfortunately a bit too close to the current international situation, sans Alien lifeforms, of course).

One thing I didn't care for is the preoccupation with the 'Prophets' towards the end. Sisko was an interesting enough character already. There was no need for that sudden shift to quasi-deification. His full acceptance of the whole deal also kind of came out of nowhere after being skeptical/aloof about it for the most part of the series run.

Anyway, really strong and nuanced show. I can see why it has such a favorable standing amongst Trek series.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|