View Single Post
Old 04.23.2006, 03:57 PM   #15
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg
I have a hard time believing this is the best they've released in a decade. What about WM, murray street and nurse? three albums that deserve to be in the top 6 at least... From what I heard in the gigs in France, they could've used Jim especially in some parts where noone was singing,sometimes they seemed to jam around without really new ideas ( middle section of reena) but then again the tunes are so catchy that most songs are more than ok.

Washing Machine came out in '95. I was referring to material from '96-2006. 1KL was ok, I thought that was a more "transition period" for SY, going into more longer format songs which I thought were ok, but not as great as the shorter, direct songs. NYG&F was IMO their worst album ever, Murray Street was just a step up from there with Sonic Nurse being the best album during the O'Rourke-era.

I'm always going to love Washing Machine more than Rather Ripped, but I think Rather Ripped has easily beat out any album during the O'Rourke era. Maybe Rather Ripped rivals 1KL right now? Just my opinion.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|