View Single Post
Old 07.02.2009, 02:06 AM   #2
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston wasn't neccesarily standoffish with me, he just seemed pretty chilled out and relaxed. When you're that excited to meet someone it can seem that they're being cold just because they ain't excited to meet you. I spoke to Thurston for almost 10 minutes I guess, it was the night before they did Jools Holland so we discussed the merits or lack of Mr. Holland, and who was worse Lilly Allen or Depeche Mode. Also discussed Dylan for a bit, because I'd seen him 2 days before and so had Steve. Kim was right there, but she was speaking to whats-his-name-guitarist-from-the-YYYs, and various other rock stars, so I felt it would be too rude to say "step aside rock stars, I want to speak to my Kim". I did wish her happy birthday and said thanks for the show to a muffled reply of "thankyou".
Also spoke to Steve that show, he was genuinely extremely good natured and polite, and seemed actually interested in what we were saying. He was inquistive to learn which of the SY shows I saw in a week (Austria, Donau, then London Scala) I enjoyed most.
Lee I spoke too, albeit briefly in Austria. It wasn't long enough for anything of particular interest to be said or happen, but long enough to say we met him.
All in all, Sonic Youth are a great band to meet, they are genuinely nice people. However, that said when you meet them remember whilst it's special to you, there have been a 100 kids like you approach them that day alone. I'm not sure I'll ever get to speak to Kim, which is a shame because I think we'd have the most to say to eachother. My attempts to approach her in Austria and London met with her ignoring me/mumbling a mono-sylabic reply. I do not beleive she is up-herself, it's not like she was speaking to any other fans on both occasions, I reckon shes just pretty shy in those situations. However, in London she was the only member of SY who remembered me from the week before, and gave me a personal smile when she left the stage.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|