View Single Post
Old 05.05.2006, 12:24 PM   #19
kenning
little trouble girl

kenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asses
Mark E. Smith needs to be viewed in context--I think the more you understand about British culture, the more you can appreciate his gripes. In the early and mid eighties, The Fall made some of the best records in the world and they totally stand the test of time. Their later output was very spotty--but I'm an ugly American who's spent a lot of time trying to figure out the appeal of, say, a band like Oasis (again, I think you had to be there, or even be from there).

The best classic Fall record is This Nation's Saving Grace. Any American Sonic Youth fan who can't find a way to love that record is deaf. The best recent one is The Real New Fall Album. "Contraflow" is an instant classic.
kenning is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|