View Single Post
Old 06.08.2021, 03:44 PM   #53683
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I’ve only stumbled upon it by accident while googling things, or seen screenshots of the endless genre tags on twitter. I promise we’re better off. Seems like a the festering wound from which all the dumbest shit oozes.

Seems like a great place to find every album with strings on any song categorized as “avant-chamber-pop” or whatever, and for people doing bad imitations of what they think music reviews should sound like.

It's like imdb for music. Useful, because it is extensive and has a high amount of interactivity. But due to its popularity/mass-appeal, it is also a host for some of the more assinine developments on the net. The observation about the reviews is astute. Loads of cynical non-reviews too that say nothing about the music itself and just serve to stroke some doucherino's ego.

However, the personalized lists-option is quite nice. And you have a great overview on the many projects of individual musicians. And that goes for pretty much any genre. I'd lie if I said I didn't find some great gems on there.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|