View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 12:33 AM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
It went good. I do think I'll reduce the sugar just a tad next time. It was good, but just a tad sweet for my tastes.

I found that one person suggested folding and rerolling the naan over and over to create air pockets so that it fluffs up. That worked out very well.

I then tried to add black sesame seeds into it and it tended to make the bread flat, I guess the sesame seeds destroyed the pockets. In this way with less sugar it would make good gyro/kebab bread.

I used a latke pan with good results.

I think I can improve by switching to bread flour (I only have all purpose, which is great for cakes and other uses, but I think higher gluten will improve my bread) and also by buying gee to cook it in, so I can get the pan hotter without it smoking. I'd also experiment with honey, brown sugar (I used cane sugar), and maybe doing 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.

I think I've found something I can mess with to get the results I want though.

I want to start experimenting with baguette too. Good baguette and good flat bread and I'll be set for life!
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|