View Single Post
Old 03.22.2022, 10:22 AM   #3478
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i ended up not renewing hulu. killing eve was ok but it did not blow my mind or anything and the psychopath was 100% unlikeable. which, sure, it's to be expected, but other fictional serial killers have had tons more charm, e.g. hannibal, both in film and tv. so i wasn't a ton curious about keeping hulu and saved my money for something else. the subscription is now dormant till summer (maybe).

instead just finished inhaling all 3 seasons of BRITANNIA. a bit of an intense/demented binge, and worth it. 2 seasons were rewatches, but it was so long ago is saw them that it was worth the funes el memorioso style recap. there are rhymes and allusions to earlier seasons in the last one.

britannia is really great for my taste, and while the production isn't always the best (not everyone has game of thrones type budgets) the story regularly surprises me (a rare thing), the dialogue is clever and often hilarious, there are compelling characters, and the cast includes some great players.

not being much of a theatergoer in recent... well, ages, lol, i didn't know who jez butterworth was, but yeah... look him up, he created this thing. eg, see for reference: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...usalem-revival or https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...2000-jerusalem which in the guardian list is rated as top play of the century so far.

i haven't seen jerusalem (obviously) but it seems there's some derivation of that work in this show, which is a good thing for television. and yeah this one did blow my mind, often, and kept me laughing too.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|