View Single Post
Old 01.08.2010, 05:06 AM   #41
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to the first side of Daydream last night before falling asleep. I had just had a slightly depressing night out with one of my best mates because it looks like his relationship with another of my good friends, which has been going 5 years and since I met them has been like my 'model of a good relationship' looks like it's fucked, and I was in counselor mode. I came back pretty drained and feeling like 'what's the point?', and I hadn't listened to Daydream in a surprisingly long time considering it's like my top album ever, so I just lay back with the headphones on at 2AM and dropped the needle on side one, and OH MY GOD if Teenage Riot wasn't exactly what I needed to hear.

It wasn't even really the main riff part that did it. It was just the sheer glory of those shimmering chords and Kim intoning 'Spirit desire/We will fall', and Steve's light drumming, and just the fucking ANTICIPATION of what you know is coming. It blasted pretty much every shitty feeling out of my head, to the point where when that by the time the track had really kicked off I just had what I'm sure was this big cheesy grin on my face. There's few things I love more than those moments of glorious reconnection with one of your favourite albums. BLISS!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|