View Single Post
Old 12.07.2010, 08:31 PM   #17
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I don't understand why the album is so hated. i mean.. obviously its no confusion is sex/sister/BMR etc. but theres still pretty cool songs on it (Reena, Rats, What a Waste, Pink Steam) i think its a decent album. definitely nothing horrid. the worse SY album ive heard would be "the eternal"

Me thinking it sucks has nothing to do with the fact that it didn't sound like an 80's SY album. Matter of fact, two of my top 3 SY albums were released after the 80's (Bad Moon Rising, A Thousand Leaves, Sonic Nurse). It just sounded uninspired/lazy. Or maybe they were (as has been suggested) hoping to do something a bit more commercially acceptable in hopes of leaving Geffen with a hit. Who knows? All I know is that the album boggled my mind the first time I heard it...I didn't like it when it was released, and despite several attempts of listening to it, I still don't like it.

Rats and Pink Steam are my favorite songs on the album, but I can barely bring myself to even sit through those.

As far as the Eternal...I've got mixed feelings on some of it, but for the most part I think that album kicks ass. Way better than Rather Ripped in my opinion.