View Single Post
Old 08.23.2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Thought Bubbles
empty page

Thought Bubbles has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Surprised no one has commented on this yet.

This was a really special screening and I'm glad I made the trek from Boston to NYC for it. I missed the Boston 30 Years of DN screening as a result but this was worth it.

Aaron introduced the film as a rough cut he'd been working on in his bedroom, prefacing that there will be footage literally no one has seen before and the highest quality footage of clips you'll find on a youtube deep dive.

The film went chronologically, opening with an incredible version of Burning Spear from '82, with Thurston whaling on his guitar with a drum stick. The format was live footage than candid home-movie style clips. For me, the candid clips were the highlight. There was parts of the EVOL tour film, glimpses of young Mike Watt and Steve Albini, and the band in the studio while recording Goo.

If I had to give feedback for future edits, the film jumped from 1992 to 2008. Would love to see content from the years that were missed (lollapalooza, etc). I didn't need 3 songs from McCarren Pool, would have much rather had more home movie footage or more variety from other shows.

With so much footage available on youtube, it was great to see truly rare performances of the band. Nothing ground breaking in the panel or Q+A. Great venue and a memorable night. I had the pleasure of enjoying the screening with Sergio who runs @soniclife.archive on Instagram. For those of you who don't follow that account, you are missing out.
Thought Bubbles is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|