View Single Post
Old 06.25.2007, 12:15 AM   #39
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i was about to say something very similiar.

i LIKE noise, but it is kinda rare to find noise that actually comes off as being creative. i also like improvised music. and whats odd is how so many people tend to think noise has to be "improvised". it doesnt. and likewise, improvised music doesnt have to be "noise".

it's so hard to meticulously compose noise, though, because that would almost defeat the purpose of creating something that's formless and structureless. when it gains form or structure or any sort of quality like that, it begins to venture into the realm of that electro-acoustic stuff that can be a little too intellectual for its own good at times. noise is primitive and spontaneous, which lends to the improvised nature of the works. i don't know. it's all sticky, because at the same time, something may be conceptually structured but sonically unstructured, like many early electronic compositions, that weren't technically called "noise".

i don't even know what the fuck i'm talking about. max/msp has fried my brain.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|