View Single Post
Old 11.25.2023, 03:23 AM   #12
musicplatypus
little trouble girl

musicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's asses
And to each, their own. And that is certainly me as I am in the minority as it is a near tie between Confusion and Sister for my favorite album, with Daydream not far behind. Sister is near perfection, in so many ways. I enjoy the noisy, experimental and chaotic nature of the early albums. That said, the S/T is fairly tight and almost has post-disco vibes. I appreciated the approach of NYC Ghosts. Dirty is far and above Ripped.

And The Whitey Album is fun, but I've never considered it a true S-Y album. It is basically them goofing off and having some fun. Although, Burnin' Up is pretty darn cool, as well as some of the instrumentals/atmospherics.

It also matters greatly where we are in our lives when this stuff hits us.

--
musicplatypus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|