View Single Post
Old 02.04.2024, 04:43 PM   #47
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I think there will he plenty of growth, mainly I'm motivated by terror, the terror of climate collapse and also the terrorising prospect of seeing out the rest of my working daze sitting in front of a computer in some god forsaken office.
Before I started working where I am now I worked several jobs during lock down. I was lucky to receive a generous redundancy package because I had been in my previous job for many years, so I could experiment a bit. In order, I tried to work for a bank from home during lockdown (left, hated it don't like working from home), a meet and greeter in a restaurant in Chelsea (hated managers, money good, peeps I worked with lovely), obscure pub in East London (Loved the exercise of having to deliver food and drinks to customers, the manager was a lazy bastard. Left), Carpet company almost outside my house (lovely people, but in the meantime was offered a job in an art gallery), Art gallery for a Van Gogh immersive experience (the job was dull, the manager hated by everyone, but made so many friends with younger kids trying to make it as artists. Probably the best bunch of people I ever worked with.), META (admin stuff, impossibly stressful job. I hate staring at computers and corporate talk). META made me redundant because they were closing one of their sites in London, so I sussed out different options. I had fallen in love with someone I will spend the rest of my life with, so I thought I'd change my job in a way that would be a little more suited to who I am and gives me more time to dedicate to things I want to do. Less money than most of my previous jobs, but at least I don't have to commute to sheer horror every day.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|