View Single Post
Old 10.17.2009, 04:11 AM   #21
xfoliate
empty page

xfoliate has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I can tell you guys that all the colored vinyl on SST (At least for Sonic Youth) were reprints. SST reprinted a BUNCH of albums on colored vinyl in the early 90's I think? This part I'm assuming but I would imagine that any albums that came out around that time would be first pressings on colored vinyl? I dunno. But The Sonic Youth stuff were pressed in the mid to late 80's and all first pressed on black vinyl. The way you can tell is that the first printings had NO barcode on the back while all the colored vinyl editions had barcodes on the back. That goes for all of those SST reprints. They're ALL still ridiculously rare though. Seems like they're more rare than the first pressings or collectors don't give those up as readily.

From all I've seen there's only a Pink Marbled edition of EVOL and a Purple Marbled edition of Sister. I've seen other bands like the Screaming Trees have multiple colors on SST but in all my years looking I've never seen any variation on those Sonic Youth SST records.

Hope that experience helps the hunt for everyone.
xfoliate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|