View Single Post
Old 01.17.2024, 02:48 PM   #8
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Kim is seventy years old, the fact that she's still making music is cool enough on its own but the fact that it's not just shallow repetition of what she's been doing for decades is even better. Go well.
If we start considering everyone's personal circumstances when creating any form of art, we'd never develop any accurate critical sense or appreciation of what we like about art in the first place. In your post you're telling me that Kim Gordon is 70, she's still making music and she's trying something new with her music. These are all thing I am aware of to start with. And they are all good things, everyone should make stuff whenever they want at whatever age in the situation they find themselves in. In this particular case we are talking about an established artist who's been creating music for a long time, very often brilliant music. In this particular case, personally, her music to me sounds rather trite and boring. Which is also odd, because out of all members of Sonic Youth since they split, I think Kim Gordon is the one whose records with Body/Head have been often better than Sonic Youth themselves in their decline since Sonic Nurse.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|