View Single Post
Old 03.15.2019, 07:18 PM   #92
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
I always return to Bugman... such a wild ride.

Yah. “Bugman” tears the fuck up. Like schoolboy Stooges on their first PCP trip.

Every song is great. “Trimm Trabb” is britpop shuffle done right, “Caramel” is gorgeous atmospheric bliss, “Trailer Park” somehow still managed to do trip hop right, when it was on a respirator culturally, “Battle” is a space opera.

I’m a “Tender” fan most of all, I think. It’s the song that made me start to think of Blur and Spiritualized as comparable entities, and it does Spiritualized better than Spiritualized was doing Spiritualized at that time. Also, it just kind of announces itself as something special, and makes it clear from the get go that the album is an exponential leap forward for the band.

“Love’s the greatest thing.... that we have.”
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|