View Single Post
Old 01.05.2020, 01:17 AM   #24
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Totally offtopic, but reading about Bytor's tape mixing technique, it reminded me of this album that was made in the seventies by a German guy named Günter Schickert. The album is called Samtvogel and you can read about it here (see especially the last paragraph), and listen to it here on YT. Especially the last song (that lasts 20 minutes) is very cool, ultra-trippy krautrock [edit: it's even on bandcamp]

Thanks for sharing the Günter Schickert album. I’ve listened to it three times since you posted BandCamp link and I find it fantastic!

And very cool approach to making your sisters mix......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
The thing about mixtapes is you never really knew if the songs you selected would fit on the tape. Then you would end up with either minutes of silence at the end or a song that had the end chopped off.

This caused me aggravation when I was younger and eventually led to my technique/mix being live. Even when keeping track of song lengths, you can’t always have it work out perfect. But when you end with thunderstorms, mandible chatter or whatever, fading out or abrupt endings are okay......and sometimes preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
In 1990, I'd have 'whatever I can find from my friends' and 'whatever's on sale at JB Hi-Fi, where I can blow a full shift's pay on a shit record'.

Way back then and even today, this was why mixtapes were so important. Receiving a mixtape from someone from another city or somewhere around the world, being exposed to local music and bands you would otherwise never hear about: remixes, demos or alternate takes, live versions or a unreleased track not available everywhere......that’s the power of a mixtape!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|