View Single Post
Old 01.18.2024, 05:36 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
If we start considering everyone's personal circumstances when creating any form of art, we'd never develop any accurate critical sense or appreciation of what we like about art in the first place.
you're right of course,

eno is 75 and cranking out work

philip glass, 86 and still touring

nadia boulanger died age 92 working into her final days half blind already

but it's more direct to tell her this way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Kim is seventy years old,
child please

xD

(seriously though claire. musicians can make music at any age. unless like sonny rollins they can no longer physically blow a horn, no easy feat, but he's still working in his archive. but maybe it was just the phrasing that gave a different meaning from what you intended? what did you mean by 70?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
but your criticism a bit harsh lol cmon... you don't have to like it of course, but go easy with the extrapolations maybe? i mean why/what for/ get into "living off" etc? that portion i think is unjustified. but i guess that maybe you expect more of her? you mean this is just commercial or exploitative?

i also like her output best in general from all the post-nurse stuff (i liked nurse a lot but not what came after). my fave record of hers so far is the loren mazzacane colaboration, but i like parts of no home record also, body/head, etc.

for the heavy beats i was satisfied with sketch artist and keep hearing it in my head when i hear bye bye

the washed out color of the video is an l.a. thing, i think. the california sun does that often in the daytime. but i wouldn't judge a song by its video. this peaches tune with kim has a great video though hahahaha https://youtu.be/UifL2B8ygfc featuring cassandro

i agree also with antagon that not everything has to push the envelope (not everything has to be avant garde, especially when we move in circles nowadays, going nowhere)

my least favorite part of bye bye is the lyrics maybe. it sounds like a packing list (for travel or something), "shampoo" whatever, does not work for me for the most part... but hilariously it ends with vibrator and teaser, so extra bonus for those items hahaha

lists feature heavily in the greek epics, in the hebrew bible and in whitman. not always my favorite but sometimes they work

as a packing list, it reminds me of george carlin's classic "stuff" routine. see: https://youtu.be/MvgN5gCuLac, first 2.5m is just the setup, the second part refers to travel, and by the end tell me if kim's and carlin's lists don't rhyme hahahaha. i hear them as just one thing now...

--

anyway looking forward to hearing the rest of the album eventually
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|