View Single Post
Old 11.22.2023, 07:07 PM   #10
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
That's odd; to me it's very cohesive and powerful as an album, perfectly sequenced. I don't find it a record to chill to, either - plenty of rockers!

Oh, it flows alright. And certainly has rockers in there. I was thinking of tunes like "Turquoise Boy", "Jams Run Free" and "Reena" - the Kim songs were pretty smooth on that record. But some of Thurston's tunes flow in that way too - especially "Do You Believe In Rapture?" and "Lights Out". In general, I think the sounds lean towards a "warmer" timbre. I think it has a smooth quality to it that is somewhat hard to put my finger on. Like, perfect to put on whilst sitting on a porch or a balcony somewhere gazing into a blue afternoon sky, having a nice beverage or something. Not discounting the more dissonant and experimental tunes of course - "Pink Steam" is a proper trip and a banger at that. I just feel it has a very "breezy" atmosphere overall, and I mean that in the best way possible. That's what I'm getting out of Rather Ripped. And I think it pulls that off pretty damn well. Just my impression though.

PS: "Helen Lundeberg" on the European special edition is a gem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You were a teenager when it came out?! Fuuuck me...

Yeah, time is one scary motherfucker. It hits all of us.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|