View Single Post
Old 01.31.2008, 12:11 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i love weird loud music, whether it be punk in its various forms, ditto metal, noise, avant garde, industrial, idm, free jazz, avant jazz, shoegaze, mathrock, blah blah etc... and these are the types of music i usually focus on when creating music of my own, whether it be in a band, or recording on my trumpet/guitar on my own. But, I realize that when you are playing music in a certain vain, then it becomes easy to tire of this music. For instance, I was playing in this band last year and we were doing like a royal trux slayer type band, we were playing together and listening to tunes every day. i then found that on my own id be listening to more hip hop, dance, and pop music more than the stuff id be playing with the band, like the beatles, beach boys, curtis mayfield, lotta daft punk, and tons and tons and tons of hip hop. I however absolutley really love a lot of hip hop. Its a shame how bad mainstream has gotten, with the exception of lil wayne and kanye west, because in the 90's to early 00's it seemed as if hip hop was the BEST popular music. Anyways, what are your favorite hip hop artists and your favorite alblums by these artists...

Me:
Wu Tang Clan-Enter the 36 Chambers (the most important hip hop alblum ever, i said it)
Public Enemy-It Takes a Nation of Million to Hold Us Back (2nd most important), Fear of a Black Nation
Biggie-Ready to Die
Nas-Illmatic
Company Flow-Funcrusher Plus
Ghostface-Supreme Clientele, Fishscale
GZA-Liquid Swords
Raekwon-Only Built for Cuban Linx
ODB-Return to the 36 Chambers, Nigga Please
Madvillian-Madvilliany
Viktor Vaughn-Vaudeville Villain
Bone Thugs n Harmony-Crossroads
Camron-Purple Haze (he sucks bad now though)
Cannibal Ox-The Cold Vein (what happened to these dudes, this alblum was brilliant)
Clipse-Hell Hath No Fury
De La Soul-3 feet high and Rising
Dead Prez-Its Bigger than Hip Hop
Dr. Dre-The Chronic
NWA-straight outta compton
dr octagon-dr octagonecologyst
el p-fantasitc damage
goodie mob-soul food
eric b and rakim-paid in full
lil wayne-carter 2, dedication
mobb deep-the infamous
the roots-illadelph halflife