View Single Post
Old 06.21.2007, 02:06 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if Wolf Eyes actually have four hundred releases (I'm thinking 200), and I'm more willing to bet Merzbow actually has well over 400 releases..

though an interesting point was raised with Wolf Eyes.. I've long said that for a noise group to get popular, they just need to release a lot of shit on a variety of labels.. that always seems to work.. because certainly, lots of that Wolf Eyes shit isn't very good.. (though there's a good chunk of it that is good)

Anywho, Sunn O))), Boris and Throbbing Gristle both have a wide variety of actual releases (TG has a 24 CD box set afterall and both Sunn and Boris have a ridiculous amount of live albums and collaborations and such; they seem to release about 3 or 4 albums a year). The Ventures, the Fall, Sun Ra, Miles Davis, John Cage, The Residents, Steven Reich, and Frank Zappa also stand out in my mind as having large discographies.

Though, yeah, the winner has got to be Merzbow...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|