View Single Post
Old 06.24.2006, 12:13 AM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen Ween about 5 or 6 times. One time I danced on a tabletop near the back of the room at the 40 watt during the Manic Depression/Hot For Teacher encore. As frantic & as drunk as I was, I suppose I should be thankful that I didn't topple over & break my neck.

I agree with you that their best is God Ween Satan, by the way.
Pure Guava, Country Greats, Chocolate and Cheese & The Pod are okay too.

Um...I thought I was fairly self-explanatory since (as far as I know...I could be horribly wrong) Ween & The Flaming Lips have each charted an album higher than EJST&NS & have sold more than Dirty, which is SY's best-selling effort. I didnt' realize my post would require an explanation since I already explained myself within the post.

Nowadays, Ween have made themselves into an irrelevant novelty act. They have a loyal following from all the years they worked hard & toured extensively, but something tells me that this tour might just be their last gasp before it's time to start playing county fairs. Recently, they played the outdoor pavillion amphitheater here in Charlottesville to a bunch of rednecks that go to whatever show is playing regardless of who it is. The Flaming Lips just suck really bad. Transmissions from the Satellite Heart has some okay tunes, but on the whole, that band farts out some of the most hackneyed crap around by any standard. The thought of paying money to look at & hear Wayne Coyne makes me queasy. My friend Andrew loves them though.

& my personal observations aside, the synergy caused when you pool 3 or more "hip" bands together usually makes for a quick sellout; the Syracuse venue is a larger one, so only time will tell.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|