View Single Post
Old 06.24.2006, 11:22 AM   #20
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
atari
Quote:
Um...I thought I was fairly self-explanatory

not as to their fans having more disposable income. i don't think record sales is a fair indicator of disposable income.

and i actually think ween have become less of a novelty act over the years. white pepper is a GREAT album and the closest you can get to a novelty song on that album is stroker ace. quebec is also a solid album that could do without fancy pants, but most of the other songs on the album are three to four minutes.

anyway, i didn't mean to go off on the greatness of ween, i really just wondered where your generalization about the audience came from. this is one of the rare occasions i agree with assblaster as far as the audience being a bunch of potheads, but they are a determined group of potheads that do buy the tickets the day they go on sale. unfortunately since phish covered roses are free, you will see a few stinky hippies on the day of the show walking around with one finger up in the air needing "a miracle." but the ween forum is an even crazier community. their manager posts presales and secret shows all the time, and people have met and give each other rides halfway across the country to see ween. people share rides and hotel rooms with strangers. i think the drugs fuel the cult following much more than disposable income.

anyway, i got my tickets through the presale, row 10. i read somewhere that it actually goes backwards though, and row 1 is at the back of the section and row 50 is the front row. don't know if that's true or not. would be much cooler to be 10th row.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|