View Single Post
Old 05.05.2013, 04:15 PM   #2993
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, if only because of Financial Fair Play, Man C will have to sell quite a few players. Aguero to Barca would be good. I've also heard they're interested in Kompany. Although this time of year, every half decent player ends up being connected with a possible move to one of the very top teams. It's a bit different this year, though, with so much movement at the management level. Managers won't mention players until they're confirmed in their new post, and players won't go to a team until they know who's in charge there.

Not to speak ill of the, er, ill, but Vilanova's future at Barca feels like a massive topic nobody in the game really feels comfortable bringing up. I always thought he was an interim manager when Pep left but it seems the side have forged an even deeper loyalty to him since the return of his illness, despite their relative dip in form. He's become almost unsackable, like it would feel too callous to replace him after what he's been through, but I do think they need to, and wonder if he might not stand down himself over the summer. Certainly, were it any other manager, even having won La Liga, Barca's decline in the CL would be causing all kinds of speculation about his possible replacement. I've heard that they're grooming Xavi as a future manager which is a great idea but won't happen (if it happens at all) for a few years. And by their very nature, Barcelona will find it a lot harder recruiting someone from outside.

As an aside, while I take this with a massive pinch of salt, the Spanish press seem to have it in their heads that Guardiola is trying to bring Messi to Bayern. That'd be the coup of all coups but I really can't see it happening.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|