View Single Post
Old 06.29.2006, 05:00 AM   #6
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
"We recorded this record really quickly," Ranaldo explained. "I think that's part of the reason why it has that immediate sound. We went in and laid the stuff down really quickly and spent a few weeks in our own studio. Not too much fooling around."

I think that's obvious, but I still really like the album.

They recorded it rather quickly, that's true especially for the drums : I don't know what went wrong since the Murray Street album but the drums sound really terrible, like they were recorded by a cell phone mic : I don't know if the muffled sound is volontary but it makes you think that Shelley is an average drummer, which he isn't, at least on other records. There's also a problem with basslines, they 're not emphasized enough except on Jams run Free and Rats(Thurston is playing bass I think ).
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|