View Single Post
Old 05.04.2006, 05:21 AM   #29
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
its predictable from the moment it starts. unpredictability was the one thing that always kept sonic youth good and fresh for me and it has now vanished. you can guess the next guitar riff all the way thru the album.
the bits that you didnt see coming still sound very very familiar to people who know sonic youths better albums. probably be a decent tour though, the songs do "rock" which will probably inspire them to play some good olduns and get the shows going into some hard/fast hold that tiger like sets.

i like about three songs, reena being the best. the rest is just ..... predictable. kims voice after the first song has developed some wierd english accent, lee's voice aint tip top, the lyrics are horrible half the time and the only thing that will make me listen to it again is the beautiful warm production. listening to the first track 12 times is far more satisfying than playing the whole album.
nurse sucked
rather ripped aint much better.
thats my opinion, i hope you can al find more in it than i have been able to so far.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|