Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04.12.2021, 06:51 PM   #1598
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

This is a quote posted on social media by probably the most prominent news show in Austria yesterday. It was too powerful not to share.

Allow me to translate:

"It is really strenuous. One year in, we're all really gasping for air.

Recently, there has a been a situation that really got to me. It was a 37-year-old patient that had me struggling for two night shifts. He was in a very bad shape. And at 5 in the morning, after I had peformed the last venipuncture, I had to tell him that he won't make it - that his lungs are failing and that we have to put him into an induced coma. The patient was deathly afraid and started to cry. And it was there, after 22 years on the job, that I had reached a point were I got goosebumps and joined him in crying. It was horrible. He then asked me those questions, like: "Am I going to wake up again? It is too early, I can't die yet. Am I ever going to leave this room again?"

I am trying to raise awareness. But some are incorrigible. That angers me. All of those ignorant people anger me. Comments on social media by people who think they know better, anger me. People who go out to protest against the measures, get sick themselves and then wind up in my care, anger me. All of this is madness."

- Barbara Lindner, Intensive Care Nurse in Vienna

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|