View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 09:53 AM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
but conceptually its BULLSHIT.

Precisely. Even as a concept it should remain within the territory of social media and never make it into ''serious'' creativity territory. By serious I mean work with a narrative and intent to fall back on which is not so tied with what is and remains lazy image creation for superficial consumption. This sort of thing sure has its place and reason to exist but what irritates me is that Richard Prince and Kim Gordon must be convinced we should give it more serious thought than it deserves. It may be fun and make you think that you are challenging the lack of potential for understanding conceptual art your potential audience is a victim of, but in reality you are being condescending of people you have never even heard of and automatically assume should know better. I doubt spending your time wondering about this sort of shit ends up being more than an exercise on thinking about creating something, rather than riding on the crest of producing work you love creating. Manipulation of celebrities and the way they are perceived as thought-provoking work. The year is 2016, not 1987.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|