View Single Post
Old 09.19.2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Despite hearing the record a number of times, it was one of the last SY records I actually bought when I started getting into them. What sucks is that my copy for whatever reason skips a lot during Snare Girl, which is one of my favorites on the album.

As for the record, I think it has some strong songs on it but most of the Kim songs are a waste with terrible grunting and awful lyrics. I do think this was the turning point for Thurston because he realized Kim had the sassy rockers down already, he decided to start doing more mellow, laid-back vocals which for me was a welcome change.

Pretty good record with some great songs, but I don't think it's their best. Probably top five for me though SY wise.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|